- Key Features
- Physical System Modeling
- Component Libraries
- Simscape Language
- Model Sharing Using Simscape Editing Modes
- Simscape to C Code
- MATLAB and Simulink Integration
- Single environment for modeling and simulating mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, thermal, and other multidomain physical systems
- Libraries of physical modeling blocks and mathematical elements for developing custom components
- MATLAB based Simscape language, enabling text-based authoring of physical modeling components, domains, and libraries
- Physical units for parameters and variables, with all unit conversions handled automatically
- Ability to simulate models that include blocks from related physical modeling products without purchasing those products
- Support for C-code generation
Simscape is used to optimize system-level performance and to create plant models for control design. The models you create support your entire development process, including hardware-in-the-loop simulations.
Cross-section illustration of an electrohydraulic servo-valve that uses a flapper-nozzle amplifier, highlighted in yellow (right). The colored blocks in the associated Simscape model (left) correspond to the colored arrows, which represent typical hydraulic flow paths.